The Embassy of Afghanistan in London issues passports only to Afghans residing in, and applying from the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Please note that applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documentation and information will not be processed and the fee is not refundable.
To apply for an Afghan passport for anyone under the age of 18 years old, the following are required:
- Appointment by telephone. Please ensure that the appointment is booked prior to the arrival of the applicant and specify the number of applications.
- Complete and duly signed passport application form. Application forms are available in three languages (Dari, Pashto and English) and can be accessed from the application forms section below.
- Three standard passport size photos affixed to the appropriate box in the application form. The photos must be recent, identical and have been taken with a frontal view of the face looking straight into the camera, showing both ears.
- The presence of both parents of the child applicant (compulsory). In case any of the parents cannot be present when applying for a passport for their child, please speak to one of the members of our Consular staff for further advice. Children that do not live with their parents in the UK must be accompanied by their legal guardians with the original documents of their guardianship.
- The presence of children under the age of 15 is not necessary.
- Original documents verifying the applicant’s Afghan identity, including a Tazkira
- In addition to the above documents, the following documents are required:
- Birth Certificate of the child, indicating the names of both parents, and/or Child Benefit or Child Tax Credit documents
- The applicant’s British passport or visa
- Proof of address
- Both parents’ photo IDs (passport or driver’s license) and proofs of address
- Fee: All new passports are issued for a minimum of 5 years validity. Therefore, a fee of £105.00 must be paid by credit or debit card at the counter desk or paid at the bank by payment slip. We do not accept cash or cheques.
The decision to grant a passport will be made based on an interview with the applicant’s parents or guardians, to verify their identity. Applicants that do not have any original documents must bring with them two Afghan identity guarantors with their photo ID and proof of address. Identity verification forms can be printed from the application forms section.
Note: Please download the passport application form and fill in before you come to the Consulate section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Embassy officials if a passport has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.