Note: We do not accept cash, postal order or cheques
We do not issue visa for UK travel document holders. Visa is only issued on valid passports.
Tourist visas are granted to all foreign nationals who intend to visit Afghanistan for casual visits to meet family and friends, sight-seeing, recreation, etc. Any other activities such as business and work are not permissible on a tourist visa. Individuals wishing to work in Afghan must apply for an employment visa. Tourist visas are issued for a period of 3 months with a single entry. The period of stay in Afghanistan for a tourist visa is capped to 30 days.
The followings are required for a tourist visa application:
- An appointment using our online visa appointment booking service
- Applicant’s Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Visa Application Form, filled out correctly and legibly
- Two recent photo of the applicant
- Invitation letter, copy of Tazkera, copy of Passport [in colour] from the person who is inviting the applicant to Afghanistan (For Visit Visa) or a reliable official or duly registered entity in Afghanistan; or a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul to authorise the visit (if available)
- Proof of hotel reservation, flight itinerary (for tourist visa)
- Evidence of Employment in the UK
- Utility bills or a bank statement as a proof of address in the UK
- A personal statement describing the purpose of the journey, where and with whom the applicant will be residing and the residence address during the visit
- The statement should also indicate that the applicant is aware of the risks involved in the journey and takes full responsibility of any liability arising during or as a result of the trip to Afghanistan
Note: Tourist visas are not extendable and non-convertible. All fees paid for the visa application are non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of the application. The validity of the visa begins from the issue date of the visa.