Tourist visas are granted to all foreign nationals who intend to visit Afghanistan for casual visits to meet family and friends, sight-seeing, recreation, etc. Any other activities such as business and work are not permissible on a tourist visa. Individuals wishing to work in Afghan must apply for an employment visa. Tourist visas are issued for a period of 3 months with a single entry. The period of stay in Afghanistan for a tourist visa is capped to 30 days. We do not issue visa for UK travel document holders. Visa is only issued on valid passports.
The followings are required for a tourist visa application:
- An appointment using our online visa appointment booking service
- Applicant’s Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Visa Application Form, filled out correctly and legibly
- Two recent photo of the applicant
- Invitation letter, copy of Tazkera, copy of Passport [in colour] from the person who is inviting the applicant to Afghanistan (For Visit Visa) or a reliable official or duly registered entity in Afghanistan; or a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul to authorise the visit (if available)
- Proof of hotel reservation, flight itinerary (for tourist visa)
- Evidence of Employment in the UK
- Utility bills or a bank statement as a proof of address in the UK
- A personal statement describing the purpose of the journey, where and with whom the applicant will be residing and the residence address during the visit
- The statement should also indicate that the applicant is aware of the risks involved in the journey and takes full responsibility of any liability arising during or as a result of the trip to Afghanistan
Note: Tourist visas are not extendable and non-convertible. All fees paid for the visa application are non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of the application. The validity of the visa begins from the issue date of the visa.