A spouse visas is granted to the spouse of an Afghan national wishing to visit Afghanistan. Spouse visas are issued for a period of 6 months with a multiple entry. The period of stay in Afghanistan for a spouse visa is limited to 90 days.
The followings are required for a spouse visa application:
- An appointment using our online visa appointment booking service or by telephone
- Applicant’s Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Visa application form, filled correctly and legibly
- One recent photo of the applicant
- Marriage certificate and/or their child’s birth certificate (if applicable)
- Photocopy of the Afghan husband/wife’s passport
- A utility bill or bank statement, as a proof of address in the UK
- Spouse’s personal statement describing the purpose of the journey, where and with whom the applicant will be residing and the residence address during the visit
- The statement should also indicate that the applicant is aware of the risks involved in the journey and takes full responsibility of any liability arising during or as a result of the trip to Afghanistan
- Invitation letter from Afghanistan (if available)
Note: If the Marriage Certificate or child’s Birth Certificate (with both parents’ details) is not registered in the UK, the applicant must apply for an entry visa. If the applicant has a valid Marriage Certificate or their child’s Birth Certificate, the Spouse visa will be issued free of charge.