Media visas are granted to all foreign journalists/individuals who intend to visit Afghanistan for any purpose associated with media. Journalists/Individuals wishing to work for Afghan media organisations must apply for an employment visa. Media visas can be issued for single or multiple entries for a period of 3 months to one year. The period of stay in Afghanistan for these visas is capped to 30 days (per visit).
The followings are required for a media visa application:
- An appointment using our online visa appointment booking service or by telephone
- Applicant’s Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Visa Application form, filled out correctly and legibly
- One recent photo of the applicant
- A letter from their media organisation confirming the purpose and duration of the trip
- After the media visa is issued, all journalists MUST attend the Office of the Spokesman & Director General of Communications of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to obtain a journalist card. Without this card, journalists will not be allowed to carry out their duties.
Note: Media visas are not extendable and non-convertible. All fees paid for the visa application are non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of the application. The validity of the visa begins from the issue date of the visa.