The Embassy of Afghanistan in London issues passports only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. Under current regulations, the Embassy can only issue ordinary passports.
For information and requirements for Passport for Under 18s, please click here
For other types of passport, such diplomatic, service, student and so on, applications can be made at the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul.
Applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documentation and information will not be processed and the fee is not refundable.
اطلاعیه صدور پاسپورت
بر اساس قانون پاسپورت منتشره جریده رسمی ۱۱۹۳ وزارت محترم عدلیه؛ اسناد مورد ضرورت جهت صدور پاسپورت عبارتند از: ۱ – تذکره تابعیت ۲ – ارائه درخواست (ورقه عرض) ۳ – چهار قطعه عکس ۴ – خانه پری فورمه پاسپورت ۵ – رسید فیس/ محصول پاسپورت
د افغانستان د اسلامی جمهوریت د وزارت عدلیه د رسمی جریدی ۱۱۹۳ د پاسپورت د قانون له مخی د پاسپورت صادرولو لپاره لاندی اسناد اړین دی ۱ – د تابعیت تذکره ۲ – د عرض پاڼه ۳ – څلور قطعه عکسونه ۴ – د پاسپورت فورمه ۵ – د پاسپورت د فیس/ محصول رسید
Passport Application – Requirements:
***Please note that the New (Digital) Passports will NOT be issued without a Tazkera
- Appointments must be booked ONLINE.
- Please ensure that the appointment is booked Online and that you have a confirmation email before your arrival at the Embassy
- The applicant must be present when he/she applying for a passport
Passports are issued upon receipt of applicant’s credentials. Please ensure that you provide all the necessary details mentioned bellow:
- The applicant should provide a National ID or Tazkera
- The applicant should provide Originals of their identification and all other supporting documents [e.g. proof of address, etc.].
- The applicant should print the Passport Forms [in original quality] and complete it before arrival
- The applicant should complete the form with black ink-pen and ensure it’s clearly readable before signing it.
- The applicant’s Signature should not exceed or touch the edges of the signature box as it will be printed in the passport.
- Stating Family Name (Surname) is compulsory
- Applicants should choose and fill one of the [Date of Birth] fields. Islamic (Solar Calendar) or Christian (Gregorian Calendar)
- Applicants should carefully fill in the [place of Birth] field, as your ID’s place of issue may vary from your place of birth.
- The applicant’s photo should be New, in White Background and the Photo Size should be 4 x 4.5
- Applicants should state their exact height in centimetres (CM)
- Fee: All new passports are issued for a minimum of 5 years validity; therefore, a fee of £105.00 must be paid by credit or debit card at the counter desk or paid at the bank by payment slip. We do not accept cash or cheques.
Note: Please download the passport application form and fill in before you come to the Consulate Section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Embassy officials if a passport has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the application.
Applications from Republic of Ireland
Applicants applying from the Republic of Ireland must meet all the above requirements. However, they do not have to apply in person.
Applicants must send the above documents and the correct fees (postal order) for their application by post and, additionally, enclose £10.00 for the postal cost of returning the documents by Recorded Delivery.
The decision to grant a passport will be made based on an interview (via Skype), to verify the applicant’s identity. Upon receipt of applications, applicants are contacted by telephone and informed of their interview details.
Please note that applications from Republic of Ireland may sometimes take up to 4 weeks to be processed. In some cases, applicants may also be requested to provide additional documents.