The Embassy of Afghanistan in London issues Marriage Certificates only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
To apply for a Marriage Certificate, the following are required:
- Appointment must be booked ONLINE. Please ensure that the appointment is booked online prior to the arrival of the applicant and that the number of applicants, if more than one, is specified.
- The presence both partners is compulsory.
- Complete and duly signed Marriage Certificate application form. Application forms are available in three languages (Dari, Pashto and English) and can be accessed from the application forms section below.
- One standard passport size photo for each partner. The photos must be both recent and have been taken with a frontal view of the face looking straight into the camera, showing both ears.
- Original documents for each partner verifying their Afghan identity- a Tazkira that has been attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul or their Afghan passports.
- Each partner’s British Passport/travel document and British visa.
- Birth certificate of their child, indicating the names of both parents, if available. Applicants that do not have a child or their child’s Birth Certificate must bring with them two Afghan identity guarantors with their photo IDs and proofs of address.The presence of two guarantors is compulsory when required.
- Proofs of address of each partner, such as, utility bills or drivers license.
- A fee of £40.00 must be paid by credit or debit card at the counter desk or at the bank by payment slip. We do not accept cash or cheques.
Note: Please download the Marriage Certificate application form and fill in before you come to the Consulate section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Embassy officials if a Marriage Certificate has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.