The Embassy of Afghanistan in London issues Birth Certificates only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Please note that we do not issue original Birth Certificates. However, the issued document can be considered as relief information for the date and place of birth.
To apply for a Birth Certificate for anyone under the age of 12 years, the following are required:
- Appointment by telephone. Please ensure that the appointment is booked prior to the arrival of the applicant and that the number of applicants, if more than one, is specified.
- The presence of the applicant is not compulsory, if he/she is under 12 years old.
- Complete and duly signed Birth Certificate application form. Application forms are available in three languages (Dari, Pashto and English) and can be accessed from the application forms section below.
- One standard passport size photo. The photo must be both recent, and have been taken with a frontal view of the face looking straight into the camera, showing both ears.
- Original documents verifying the applicant’s Afghan identity- a Tazkira that has been attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul or an Afghan passport.
- British Passport/travel document and British visa.
- Birth certificate of the child, indicating the names of both parents, and/or Child Benefit or Child Tax Credit documents
- Fee: A fee of £20.00 must be paid by credit or debit card at the counter desk or at the bank by payment slip. We do not accept cash or cheques.
Note: Please download the Birth Certificate application form and fill in before you come to the Consulate section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Embassy officials if a Birth Certificate has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.